Located in Rajasthan, Ranthambore is a beautiful place to be and is a great delight for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. If you want to watch a tiger in its wilderness, then this is definitely the place to be. There are indeed plenty of activities that you can undertake here. The serene tourist destinations, varied wildlife and indulging in various types of exciting adventurous activities can ensure having a memorable holiday.
Ranthambore is well known tiger reserves. You also can get to view other wildlife at the national park by going on a safari. This place does offer unique experience. With forts and temples spread around, this is indeed a wonderful destination for tourists of all types and ages to be. It is also an ideal getaway to experience nature. There are also historic places that do attract history buffs to check out its exotic architecture and erstwhile tales.
What to do in Ranthambore?
- Hiking to Ranthambore Fort: If you love going out on an adventuring vacation, then Ranthambore is definitely an exciting place to be. Check out the historic fort constructed within the National Park. From a distance, it appears indistinguishable. But upon coming near it, its imposing structure simply overlooks the whole park. You can have an exhilarating hiking experience to this fort and be surrounded by nature. You can also get to spot various types of birds including vultures, eagles and different species of animals. If you have a passion for photography, then you can take exotic pictures. The timings are between 6am & 6pm.
- Tiger Trail: Royal Bengal Tiger adorns the park and getting sight of one can be a memorable thing. The evergreen jungles, deep gorges and sharp ridges are the reasons for the tiger to move around freely in this region, protected by the government from poachers and hunters alike. Ranthambore is claimed to be among the top protected reserves in the country and does provide perfect habitat for this endangered species. If lucky, you are sure to come across one in its natural habitat.
- Bird Watching: Ranthambore is indeed a great delight for bird watchers as it hosts diverse avian population due to the presence of factors like varied, rich habitats along with plenty of sources to provide avian nourishment. Some of the popular spots to get a glimpse of the spectacular winged species are the Ranthambore Fort, Malik Talao, Jhalra area, Padam Talao and Rajbagh Talao. You can stroll across the park and get to see the beautiful and exotic resident and migratory birds here. Few famous birds spotted here are Indian courser, Nightjars, painted Spurfowl, Woodpeckers, Indian Skimmer, Indian Gray Hornbills, pipits, larks, quails, Finches, Prints and Ibis, etc. The best time to watch different types of birds at the famous spots is visiting during the early morning. Winters and monsoons are the recommended seasons to undertake this activity.
- Explore Heritage Monuments: With ancient ruins being restored to its former glory to showcase the bygone era and its vibrant heritage, Ranthambore has one more reason to be on the international tourism map. Although the wide range of flora & fauna offered by the National Park overshadows the heritage sites, there are indeed several interesting things to undertake, which is possible with the exploration of remnants of history. Few famous monuments to visit during the heritage tour includes:
- Ranthambore Fort: It is indeed a fine architectural specimen and among the impressive fortresses present to get a glimpse of the majestic tigers.
- Nahagarh Ranthambore: Located in Aravalli Range foothills, this place was once the hunting ground of the royal Rajputs. Presently, here stands a well-known heritage hotel where you can enjoy luxury in the midst of nature.
- Raj Bagh Ruins: The ruins will remind you of the bygone royal era.
- Jogi Mahal: It is another major attraction and is known for its serene beauty.
- Trinetra Temple: It is the oldest temple of Rajasthan dedicated to God Ganesha.
- Jungle Safari: Visiting Ranthambore and not indulging in Jungle Safari in the National Park is something not acceptable. The safari does offer a great experience, allowing you to enjoy with family and friends to explore and appreciate the verdant green landscapes, luxuriant wildlife and melodious chirping of the birds. You will be taken in a canter or jeep to explore the natural beauty and the wilderness around. You can check out the forest areas and the open green meadows as well as those historical ruins. The safaris do offer an opportunity to spot several exotic wild animals.
- Hot Air Ballooning: This is one activity that you are sure to enjoy. This surreal destination will allow you to rejuvenate your senses especially with its exquisiteness. Undertaking hot air ballooning and moving over the rich, luxuriant forest and the animals is sure to give you the thrill and ensure having an impressive adventure. The right time to visit to enjoy the exciting sky ride is from mid-September, just after the monsoon until March. The activity takes about an hour and provides riders with a bird’s eye-view of the spectacular places covered by the park. You can soar over the imposing jungle, spot exotic birds, leopards and tigers. You will require a camera and binocular to capture the perfect scenery.
- Kachida Valley: This valley is located on the National Park’s outskirts and is inhabited mostly by bears and panthers and is known for its picturesque and serene landscape. Low jagged hills surround this place with verdant greenery around, thus generating more interest among travellers to visit this during the trip. The valley can also be stated to be a treasure house as it contains rich and varied flora & fauna, while offering tourists with the opportunity to get to spot wild animals like tigers, wild boars and deer. The valley comprises of reduced hills and rocky outcrops and is also a popular spot for several animals to forage. With the tigers dominating the region, the leopards can be seen very less frequenting the place. You can avail a jeep to explore this place.
The trip can be made all the more pleasurable and thrilling by booking the best resorts in Ranthambore.