The past 18 months have been hard for us all and with so many lockdowns, we have become more familiar with being in one’s own company within the confines of the home. One way to combat the monotony of the lockdown is to create a special corner of the garden, where you can always find peace and quiet.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your terrace is place of calmness and serenity, a place you can retire to when things get too much.
- Create a Terrace – Calculate how much space you have and take a good look at some of the stunning outdoor floor tiles from Amber, a leading Australian tile supplier with trade prices. Ideally, you want tiles that are always cool to the touch and the designs offer a wide range of colours and finishes to ensure you find what you are looking for.
- Hanging Egg Chairs – These are currently in-trend and for good reason; hanging chairs offer relaxing movement and are very comfortable. If you don’t have a ceiling for support, you can buy hanging chairs with their own support system and they can be found online. If you have the room to one side of the patio, a nice rattan hammock would be ideal for those lazy summer afternoons. Rattan in a natural material and if treated, it will withstand anything the Australian climate can muster, making rattan the best choice for outdoor furniture. Click here for tips on personalising your living room, making it more inviting.
- Water Feature – There’s something about running water that is very calming and for a small investment, you could create a small fountain or scenic waterfall using rocks, plants and topsoil. If, for example, you have pond, the water ca be recycled with a small pump, sending water through and down the fall into your pond, where some Koi carp can be found. You could go the whole nine yards and add a small waterwheel and a few models for decoration and with water lily and a cluster of reeds growing in the corner, you have a fantastic feature.
- LED Exterior Lighting – If you want soft light that is easy on the eyes, install a few ground-level lights and with light sensors, they will come on as dusk approaches. LED lighting comes in strips, allowing you to adorn small trees with a string of lights, creating a Disney-like ambience.
- Bamboo Umbrella Shading – If you search online, you will find some stunning examples of bamboo umbrellas that make for perfect shading and with a cantilever design, the unit can cover quite a large area, plus they are easy to move, should you wish to have some instant shade.
By investing a little money and a lot of your time, you can create a special corner in your garden where you can forget the world and enjoy the moment in peaceful surroundings. We all deserve a little ‘me’ time and if you have a quiet space for that, you will reap the rewards.