Staging your house reasonably can help you immensely to sell it comparatively faster. Consider using the following tips to stage your house properly:
1. The Exterior Makeover
It counts the most as the exterior is the very first portion of your house for which the potential buyer can fall. It’s more like a make or break moment when a potential buyer look at the exterior of the house that he is visiting. Spend a bit of time and money for the redressing of the following:
- Power washing of the pavement
- Giving a new coat of paint to shutters
- Placing a new doormat
- Maintenance of the lawn
- Power washing of the porch
- Placing a fresh wreath at the entrance door of the covered area
That’s why you need to stage the exterior of your house superbly.
2. Impersonalizing the Interior
As a number of different people will come to visit your home, it is quite normal that everyone will give different feedback about the interior design of your home. You may like a customized design for your house; however, if you want to sell your home at a better price then your design should be neutral enough to attract more people to consider buying your home. In this regard, do the following:
- Statement decorations and personal photos should be put away.
- Consider placing traditional furniture in the living room and the drawing room.
- In addition to this replacement, opt for traditional colors for the walls and for the curtains too.
- Using traditional colors and traditional furniture over following the trend religiously. It will entice more people to buy your house as few people like everything trendy.
If you are 100% selling your house, removing all the stuff you don’t need for staging is a good idea as you will be doing that anyway when it’s sold, so why not earlier. You can use a junk removal service to make the whole process easier for you.
3. Placing Wall Hanging
As it was advised earlier that you should remove family photos and other such elements from the walls, it does not mean that you will have to leave the walls as they are. Place some wall hangings which are classic, but they should not have a personal touch. To enhance the visual impact, you can place such wall hangings which can keep the connection with the color of the room furniture and curtains to improve your home.
4. Spend a Bit on Extra Lights
Using extra lights will make a room look much bigger than usual. Using extra artificial lights can create a big difference as they give a cozy feeling during night time. So, add some floor lamps into the comparatively dark corners of your house. Furthermore, do check the regular light bulb as they should work well when a potential buyer comes. If they need replacement, do that right now.
5. Use Natural Light to Make the Place More Spacious
Although using extra lights is a good trick to make your place a bit more capacious; however, you can opt for a better choice. Using natural light is much better than the suggestion given above. Whenever a visitor informs you or shows interest in visiting your home, you can schedule the visit during the daytime. When someone comes, pull the curtains back and let the sunlight refresh your house.