When you think of screaming kids, cramped conditions, sounds of the roaring airplane engine, next passenger listening to very loud music, grating laughter watching a movie, and probably an unplanned flight is enough to ruin the journey and maybe a couple of days afterward.
The flights from Dubai to London take approximately 7 hours and thirty minutes. This is a long time especially if surrounded by the above conditions. However, there are some simple ways in which you can make a long and unplanned flight bearable.
- Book your Flight early – obviously, if you book your ticket early enough from your preferred airline, there are high chances of getting a comfy and seat of your choice.
- Grab a seat at the back – sometimes the journey can be unplanned or an emergency and there is no time for booking. At the back, it can be noisier, but you can get one or two empty seats beside you. If everybody is scrambling for the front seats with all the leg space, just enjoy the back seat.
- Prepare yourself for jet lag– spend days before your journey trying to adjust your sleeping pattern depending on the time of your flight. Maybe 3 am or 6 pm. When booking you can do a timing of the flight to ensure it arrives during the day. Additionally, maximize the stopovers and get enough rest before the flight.
- Check in Early –Getting tensed and trying to get your way through the busy Dubai International airport. The Worst is to miss the flight! Prepare yourself early enough to avoid such moments.
- Don’t have large luggage – Dubai is famous for great deals in shopping but that doesn’t mean you carry multiple bags filled with electronics and jewellery.
- Carry your own pillow– They are available at the Dubai Intl. Don’t be ridiculous just few coins and save your neck.
The journey is long, and you need to relax well before the flight. Go to the gym, take breakfast, go to the gym again. Ensure the body is relaxed. Stay healthy all along, sitting in a cramped tube made of metal for almost 8 hours isn’t good for anybody.