If you are a student and have decided to pursue your further studies abroad, then do not forget to purchase a student travel insurance as it provides coverage for medical as well as non-medical expenses to the student who is studying abroad. Also, it safeguards your intended stay in a foreign country for pursuing studies as it covers all the inevitable factors too.
As a student traveling to a foreign country for the purpose of studies, you might have to go through certain unforeseen situations that arise out of any mishappening. In order to cope-up with such factors, you should always opt for travel insurance that is exclusively made for the students who are willing to pursue their studies at educational institutions located overseas. Also, travel insurance for students comes along with great benefits too.
- It provides coverage for the expenses which are incurred during any emergency health-related complication that requires immediate medical treatment. It is valid in cases such as an accident or an unexpected illness.
- The travel insurance for the student also covers the expenses for seeking dental treatment. It provides reimbursement in case of injury or severe pain.
- The insurance policy is entitled to pay a pre-specified amount of compensation to the family of the insured if the policyholder becomes disabled due to an accident.
- On account of accidental death, travel insurance provides compensation to the family of the insured student.
- In the case of student repatriation or medical evacuation, the insurance policy is entitled to provide pre-decided compensation to the insured student.
- If there prevails a situation of body repatriation of the student, then in such case the insurance policy provides compensation for the purpose of repatriating the mortal remains of the insured student back to his/her country.
- In case of loss of checked-in luggage, reimbursement is provided to the student as a replacement for any damaged or lost possessions.
- The travel insurance for the student provides reimbursement for the expenses that have incurred due to a missed connection or missed departure by the airline.
- If the trip gets delayed for more than 12 hours, then the insured person is provided reimbursement for the expenses that have incurred due to trip delay.
- If the passport of the insured student is lost, then, in this case, the insurance policy will reimburse all the expenses that have been incurred for making arrangements for getting a fresh or duplicate passport.
- If there is any interruption in the studies of the insured student due to any contingency, the insurance policy provides compensation for the loss.
- In case the insured student is hospitalized for more than the specified time period, then the insurance policy will provide the daily cash allowance to the student.
- During the course of travel, the insurance policy also provides a cover for the bail amount for the insured student in case of detention or arrest by the local police under a bailable offense.
- If there is a requirement for a compassionate visit by an immediate family member of the insured student, the travel insurance will cover all the expenses.
Nowadays, you can even purchase travel insurance online for enhancing your course of overseas stay for seeking quality education.
- Expenses incurred on seeking medication for a pre-existing illness
- Expenses that have arisen out of certain health factors such as suicide, self-inflicted injuries, depression, stress, anxiety, drug or alcohol consumption, venereal disease, and HIV/AIDS.
- In the insured student is suffering from a terminal disease, then it is not covered under the insurance policy.
- Expenses incurred on any medical complication during the student’s course of travel if there is no consent given by the physician for the same.