WE ARE LOOKING FOR DISTRICT DAY LEADERS
SIGN UP TO BE A LOCAL ORGANIZER AND TO SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS
This February, Save Service needs to utilize the most powerful resource the national service community has: YOU!
When members of Congress go home to their districts and states on recess, we have the opportunity to demonstrate how vital national service is in their communities at district office meetings. If members of Congress do not hear about how important national service is from their voters back home, it's likely that they will not support it when they are in back in D.C.
Meeting Leaders will be our main point-of-contact for a District Day visit in their community. They will be supported by our Save Service Campaign Coordinators who will ensure they have everything they need to successfully schedule a meeting and talk to their members of Congress about the importance of supporting national service funding.
Below is a breakdown of key tasks for a Meeting Leader in preparation of their District Day visit.Meeting Leader
- Schedule a District Day meeting between February 18th - 22nd with your Representative and/or Senator
- Recruit 2-4 national service supporters/stakeholders to attend the meeting with you.
- Lead the conversation during the meeting with your Representative and/or Senator and deliver the Save Service materials we will provide.
- Ensure someone captures pictures of your District Day events.
- Report back on your completed District Day meeting.
To volunteer as a Meeting Leader fill out the form on the right hand side of this page. A Save Service Campaign Coordinator will follow up with you to provide all the necessary documents and support.
Thank you for volunteering your time to save service.