Join Us at the National Conference on Volunteering and Service
Join ServiceNation next week in Chicago for the nation's largest gathering of volunteer and service leaders – Points of Light Institute’s annual National Conference on Volunteering and Service. The conference is a terrific opportunity to meet others who are passionate about national service and volunteering, including many members of the ServiceNation team and our parent organization, Be The Change.
If you are planning to be in Chicago next week – and aren’t too busy talking to special guests Second Lady of the United States, Dr. Jill Biden; former First Lady, Barbara Bush; or actor Kevin Bacon – we hope that you will look for us so that we can say hello!
ServiceNation will be playing a key role throughout the weekend. Here are just a few of the highlights our team is bringing to the conference:
- Led by Zach Maurin, our newly minted ServeNext Field Team (made possible only with your support) will be meeting with one another for the first time and brainstorming cutting-edge ways to mobilize thousands of Americans in support of strong federal support for national service. Please stop by Booth #217 in the Exhibit Hall to meet our Field Team and add your ideas to the Save AmeriCorps campaign.
- Chris Marvin, Director of Mission Serve, helped organize a workshop titled 'Veterans as Assets: From Military to Civilian Service,' a panel discussion focusing on specific ways that community members can serve alongside our military neighbors. This workshop will be listed in your program as Session #2709 and will occur on Tuesday from 2:30pm - 4:00pm .
- Be The Change’s Executive Director of Organizational Advancement, Sarah Beaulieu, represents us on Reimagining Service, a dynamic council of leaders dedicated to translating good intentions to impact. Please join Reimagining Service for its annual Reimagining Service Forum, an exploration of new tools and resources to make the most out of volunteers and service members. This session is listed as #2746 and will occur on Tuesday from 8:30am -10:00am.
- Liz Clay, Deputy Director of Opportunity Nation, our sister organization, will be demonstrating how the Opportunity Index - a groundbreaking new tool that measures access to opportunity at the county and state levels - can be used to help engage volunteers and service members in solving community problems. Join Liz at this powerful seminar, listed as Session #3095 on Tuesday from 2:30pm - 4:00pm.
- Cities of Service, Target, and ServiceNation will unveil the Third Grade Reads Blueprint, a high-impact service strategy that demonstrates how volunteers serving as reading coaches can drive educational outcomes for high-need students. This event is listed as Session #3016 and will be happening on Wednesday from 8:30am - 10:00am.
- And finally, Be The Change’s CEO Kevin Jennings will be active in several discussions throughout the day. He’s eager to get to know as many dedicated and passionate service supports as he can.
We hope you can join us in Chicago June 18th - 20th for these and the many other dynamic workshops, panels, speakers, and presentations that will be happening. If you can’t be in Chicago, follow conference updates and view some live-streamed sessions on Twitter by joining the conversation at @NCVS and #NCVS.